Unfortunately, accidents are still too common within the construction industry and consequently the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) are still required to focus a lot of their resources on improving the situation.
Due to both legislation and insurance requirements, Principal Contractors are having to be more stringent in selecting their sub-contractors with a large focus being on their health and safety record at work and the competency levels of their staff.
- TSSL specialise in helping SME construction firms win business. They employ us to help them with:
- Understanding their health and safety responsibilities
- Creating management processes
- Producing required documentation
- Establishing a positive attitude and culture towards safety amongst their Company
TSSL recognize that not all business owners have the resources to employ a full time Health and Safety Manager nor do they have either the time or knowledge themselves to get involved in complex legislation requirements or details. Outsourcing to TSSL for health and safety support is a cost effective way to ensure you and the company are kept aware of the responsibilities placed on you by law.
In the first year TSSL get involved by working with your Company to create management processes and accompanying documentation. This can include establishing a health and safety policy, documenting relevant risk assessments, developing management procedures, identifying training requirements etc.
TSSL will work with you and your company to ensure that all of your staff are fully aware of the new procedures, their role within it and what to do if they’re unsure on health and safety matters. Over time, by coaching and encouraging your staff to take full ownership of health and safety within your Company, TSSL service then changes into an advisory role but always available to help.
We can assist by:
- Assistance with compiling Pre-Construction Information
- Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans
- Risk Assessments
- Method Statements
- Site Inspections and Audits
- Client Health and Safety questionnaires
- Incident Investigations